Wednesday, January 25, 2006

the right take on a few things

so that the conversation of the last post doesn't get too ridiculous, time to move on.

Kirk Bartha gets a several things right in his latest blogging (plus he has some photos from Harper's campaign victory). My favourite quote is his slam on Michael Moore for his ridiculous comments concerning the Canadian election. (On the whole I have been amazed at the consistent inability of US journalists (David Frum an exception) to misunderstand exactly what Canadian politics is about.) Anyway, here's the quote:

"Buddy, stick with crucifying your own government. South of the border it seems that Democrats create straw men and Republicans burn well. Maybe Paul Martin had Michael Moore writing his campaign speeches. Harper is not the straw of American right."

That is just it: Canadian Conservatives are not the U.S. conservatives. That is neither an endorsement nor beration of either group. It is simply a fact. If Michael Moore misses the point so badly on the Canadian election, then I wonder how badly he misses the point elsewhere.

Missing the point. On the internet. Michael Moore missing the point. I'm not making this up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AP. Smart (guy). Straight (talker). I'm not making this up. I'm not allowed to make stuff up.

Some Guy

PS--Ignatieff, Manley, Dion. Those are my picks for Liberal leader best for the country. McKenna, Rae, McClellan. Those are my picks for Liberal leader best for the Liberal party. Tobin. The guy they'll pick.

1/25/2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Aaron Perry said...

I like Manley; I don't mind McKenna; Rae worries me. Ignatieff is a sharp guy, obviously. What worries me is his parachute victory and the elitism it reeks of. The funniest thing of all: Belinda Stronach gearing up for the leadership race. Would someone please clue her (and apparently her riding) in to what a joke she has become? I laugh at her thinking she has the tail of the Liberal Party tiger in her hand and can control it. She had better watch out that the tiger doesn't turn and swallow her in one bite.

1/25/2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Moore is a moron.

1/25/2006 11:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ap,
i'm a good friend of kirk...i followed you here from his blog...

i'd love to hear more of what you have to say about christianity in quebec...could be my next destination in life...my email address is: rdj4792@yahoo.ca

anyway...paul, above, said: "The only women I can think of in the Liberal party are McLellan, Stronach, Copps, and Scott Brison."<--are you kidding me?!? that's absolutely hilarious!! LOL!!!

there are other women, Karen Redman, for example...but, criteria number one for any candidate: fluent in french...this is not an option...not even an "i'm going to learn it" option...they MUST speak french...thus, Stronach is out...for many reasons--french being only one...but, they will gladly welcome her (*cough*money*cough) into the leadership race before they dispose of her...

i don't think you nees to worry about Bob Rae either...he would drive all of ontario to vote tory

ryan

1/25/2006 01:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home