Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Blog-keeping matters

First, the name change. I changed from The Plague to reflect the nature of this blog and how it's used. Perhaps at some future point this blog will again attempt to approach the reflection on life that is Camus' The Plague. Perhaps not.

Second, The Pensieve is from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but figures most prominently in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This is the purpose that this blog serves.

Third, I am presenting a paper at the Canadian Evangelical Theological Association in three weeks. If anyone cares to read the paper and offer feedback, email me or post a comment with your own email address (taking spamming precautions, of course!). It's on the atonement, the ascension, and Christian speech.

Fourth, this morning, I saw on Good Morning America (I think GMA, anyway), a Facts of Life reunion. So, I close with the following: You take the good; you take the bad; you take them both....and there you have....the facts of life. (I would add a Family Guy reference here, but, well, that would be more of a The Plague thing, not The Pensieve. Ah, heck, I'll give half a reference: "Notice the sun spots...." And that was type 3 conflict resolution, "compromise." It is not the highest.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Intertextuality, Batman! Is your paper as laced with allusions to TV shows?

SGFMB

5/09/2006 05:23:00 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

haha--this is a cleverly-fun post aaron.

and, i'll read your paper.

5/09/2006 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger Nathan Crawford said...

ap, send me your paper. send it to my first class account and i'll take a look and send you some feedback.

5/09/2006 11:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AP,

I would love to read your paper; send it to my first class account as well.

Tim

5/10/2006 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Benson said...

AP,

Please send me your paper at abenson@monctonwesleyan.com

Cheers!

5/10/2006 10:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home