Friday, April 13, 2007

Links....

So many good links today.

First, the Jesus Tomb story is unraveling. Some have wanted serious discussion around the possibility of the Tomb found in the Talpiot region to have been the tomb of Jesus of Nazareth, and they have received their wish. Unfortunately for some, it turns out that the audacious claims of some authors and bloggers are proving to be just so. Critical thinking really does go a long way. Let's hope this isn't slander! Thanks to Crusty Guy for sending me the link. I have said plenty about this issue and don't need to repeat my criticisms.

Second, Switchfoot's new video has Buster (Tony Hale) from Arrested Development in it. How awesome.

Third, like 'em or hate 'em, the Tories work with those some other Canadian leaders just wanted to be mad at. The Tories have broken some promises (taxing income trusts), delivered poorly on others (wait times and hospitals), and done backroom stuff (David Emerson), but at least they govern. Politics is about getting done what can be done and this is good news for environment.

Fourth, two party leaders, Stephane Dion and Elizabeth May, have agreed not to have their parties run candidates in the other's riding. Seriously? Give me a break. If you have to have so much strategery (and that's what it is) to get elected, then get in another area of public service.
Good for Jack Layton to call them out on it. Bad for Dion and May to call a press conference to announce their tricks.

Fifth, I like this song--Mad World by Gary Jules.

Sixth, if Don Imus getting fired is appropriate, which it might be, why in this weird world does rap music go uncriticized? If you want to hear the most offensive material for women, African American women especially, read rap lyrics--by both men and women.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirk said...

I like the Gary Jules song a swell. I recorded myself singing it this past Christmas. i added a third verse to it and used it to conclude a monologue I wrote. If you want a good laugh go to youtube and look up the Tears for Fears version. (the original) The dancing is funny.

4/14/2007 12:52:00 AM  
Blogger matthew said...

Yeah, I like Mad World too. I first heard it in the movie Donnie Darko, I believe.

4/14/2007 02:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home