Thursday, November 20, 2008

Beware the slope....

I find myself agnostic on a certain issue now, whereas about 6 months ago I disagreed with my brother Tim on it.

I enjoy being able to go into public buildings and not breathing in smoke. I like going to restaurants and not seeing a cloud of smoke hanging around the ceiling. However, I don't like that companies feel the need to change their services because it is deemed that some people are being discriminated against. These things seem to me to be related.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clay said...

I'm asking honestly, does anyone know the rules for providing a service or product that a company has to follow? What is the line between "discrimination" and just "not catering to a given person(s)?"

Capitalism might say starting a service or product no one else offers would be good innovation, if only those banks would start loaning money again. I'm kinda hurt that wasn't an option . . .

11/20/2008 08:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home