Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Three items

First, I don't think I'm the first person to see it, but there is a connection between the baptism and death scenes of Jesus' life in Mark. In his baptism, he sees heaven being torn open and hears the words of God saying, "You are my Son" (1:10-11). At his death, the curtain is torn in two and the centurion hears Jesus' cry ("My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"). At his baptism, Jesus is validated by God. At his crucifixion, he wins over the opposition.

Second, check out this article on Rob Bell--pastor at a church in Michigan. It's quite good.

Third, a wonderful couple from my church gave me a window air conditioner yesterday.

5 Comments:

Blogger matthew said...

#3...that's cool!

8/01/2006 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Lor & Josh said...

Number three was so enthralling I near forgot about Rob B in number two. That was an excellent article on his ministry. so glad you posted it.

8/02/2006 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger Erskine said...

I mean this absolutely sincerely, AP: I hope the wind of the Spirit of Christ refreshes you as He wins you over (like the centurion), just as the A/C will keep your New York pad a little cooler.

8/02/2006 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Aaron Perry said...

oh that i would be like bread, baked in the ovens of heaven, too! :)

thanks lynn.

8/03/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger theajthomas said...

AP is one of the most outstanding bloogers in the entire wesleyan blogesphere but today he comes to us as a Prez impersonator.
He has a great hurt(heart) for sarcasm - you'll sense that.

8/04/2006 08:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home