Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Some Combo of Hopes and Fears as Predictions

The following is a mixture of hopes and fears masked as predictions. I am not that great a teller of the future, except for my advice two years ago January as to how the Conservatives would win an election. So, I'm sure the following is a combination of hopes and fears hidden somewhere in my head.

In 2007....

1. The Buffalo Sabers will not win the Stanley Cup.

2. The Indianapolis Colts will win the Super Bowl.

3. Stephen Harper will call an election and win a minority government, though stronger than the current one.

4. More people will read Matthew Rose's blog. More people will be added to Matt Rose's blog. Matt Rose will continue to be the best blogger in The Wesleyan Church.

5. Warren Kinsella will continue to have a blog that has potential and some insight but mainly just gets on my nerves. I will continue to dislike his band.

6. The Toronto Maple Leafs will make the playoffs and win a round.

7. The New York Islanders will fire Garth Snow. They will then hire Alex Auld.

If these are my hopes and fears then my life is quite mundane. And I know it.

1 Comments:

Blogger matthew said...

1. If I were a betting man, I'd bet you 20 cents right now that you are wrong about this one. In other words, you hope they lose and I'm afraid they will.
2. This wouldn't surprise me at all. Just when no one is expecting them to win, they just might.
3. Sounds good to me. He's my replacement for Blair for favorite world leader.
4. hey thanks AP :)
5. no idea
6. Nah, they only scored 10 tonight
7. Whatever they do, they should be sure to continue in the great tradition of islander trades. I especially liked Oli Jokinen and Roberto Luongo to Florida for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha.

1/04/2007 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home