Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Death to Resurrection

We should not see "the relationship between the actions we take and eventual outcomes [as one of] cause to effect but [as] death to resurrection" (Brad Kallenberg, Live to Tell, 111).

Having a Saviour raised from the dead means that facing dead ends can be His path to life. The task for the friend of God, of course, is to look back and read one's dead ends as ultimately having been paths to resurrection. Even tougher is to live in the dead ends with resurrection hope. Let the reader understand.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erskine said...

I told someone this weekend that I need to call you. Clearly, that is true. This is a good word, and I didn't even think I needed it.

2/13/2007 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger theajthomas said...

Wow - profound AND meaningful. Nice!

2/14/2007 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks, I needed that at this particular point in my life. I've been sorting through a lot and dealing with a lot lately.

2/14/2007 06:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i too needed to read this. it's hard for me to face dead-ends....because i feel like it means i'm quitting or giving up. but maybe sometimes they are there for an intended Reason.

2/15/2007 09:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AP--

Nice use of Kallenberg. I'll pass along your pastoral use of it; he will be glad to hear to it. He is a wonderful person and pretty dang smart as well.

Tim F.

2/15/2007 10:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home